PLANTATION, Fla., October 27, 2017 (Newswire.com) - With an open enrollment period now abbreviated to six weeks (Nov. 1, 2017, to Dec. 15, 2017) consumers must act with urgency to select dental benefits that are right for themselves and their families. Solstice offers Florida and New York consumers ACA-certified dental plans that provide coverage for families, children only or adults only.
“At Solstice, we understand that when one member of a family hurts, everyone hurts, so our plans offer great adult benefits, aside from plans that meet the pediatric Essential Health Benefits (EHB) under the law,” said Solstice Chief Operating Officer Carlos Ferrera. “We are committed to continue offering quality dental benefits for the entire family through the public exchanges in Florida and New York.”
Solstice offers a variety of Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO) and Dental Preferred Provider Organization (DPPO) plans. Consumers in Florida and New York can sign up for Solstice dental plans by visiting https://www.solsticecare.com.
Medical research shows clear connections between oral health and overall health. Therefore, taking steps to maintain good dental health, including regular visits to the dentist, positively impacts physical health and chronic medical conditions. Here are some more reasons why dental benefits are important:
- Consumers are more likely to go to the dentist for preventive care if they have dental insurance
- Dental benefits allow children and adults access to the care they need, resulting in lower emergency room and chronic medical treatment cost
- Having dental coverage helps to combat the leading childhood disease — tooth decay (dental caries)
- With half of U.S. adults aged 30 or older with periodontal disease, dental benefits can help to offset the cost for dental care
- The average monthly premium cost of dental coverage is $26.96 for an individual and $83.57 for a family (i.e. two adults and one child)
Solstice provides dental and vision insurance coverage to more than 700,000 members nationally, and has built the current No. 1 largest Open Access DHMO provider network in Florida and New York. In 2013, Solstice created an award-winning broker exchange and benefits administration platform — the Solstice Marketplace. In 2016, Solstice was ranked the No. 16 insurance company on Inc. magazine’s fastest-growing private companies list. For information on Solstice, contact 1.877.760.2247 or visit www.SolsticeBenefits.com.
Media Contact: Alissa Gavrilescu (email@example.com)
Source: Solstice Benefits, Inc.